Saturday 10 September 2011

Cushions and Footstool

I designed and sewed these cushions using English Lamb's wool tweed. It's lovely and soft and stretches well when snuggling into them whilst watching TV!
I saw a pattern for the footstool in a quilting book. I used the same two shades of purple lamb's wool tweed as well as a third purple cord fabric. This gave some structure to the footstool. Inside is filled with Lamb's wool and polysterene balls. The lilac and heather shades were chosen as the colours remind me of the heather covered hills and even some of the beautiful sunsets on Skye.


I was experimenting with sewing triangles to understand how to make perfect triangle designs for quilts. Good practise and Each cushion proved to be a learning curve. Sewing them created a fair bit of dust though and the sewing machine required a good clean afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment