Friday 31 August 2012

Baby Florence Quilt

I watched a tutorial video on how to sew a disappearing nine patch. Now I'd never heard of this method before and I wish I had! It is so easy, I've even taught this method to my newly established sewing club. My mum has made a table cloth, I have made plenty of cushions and this quilt, Val made a cushion too, and Patricia made a quilted nine patch cushion, with fantastic results. One method created so many variations in the finished products.

This jungle quilt started with a jolly jungle panel (no longer available to buy!) and jolly jungle orange coordinating fabric. Hey presto the quilt. I used yellow spot fabric to border and back it, though its polycotton and not as nice as 100% cotton. I also used bamboo wadding as its really soft.



Instead of binding it instead I used a tab method on the border, then stitched a double hem around the border.

2 comments:

  1. That is an adorable baby quilt! Love that you added baby to the back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I am trying to improve my applique hence the "baby" on the back.

    ReplyDelete